The last 10 years have been filled with lots of organizing and many moments to celebrate. I have learned a lot and I am thankful for much.
Things I’ve learned when organizing:
- Organizing isn’t just about stuff. It’s just as much about people, communication and processes.
- We all make choices on how we spend our time. What’s important to you will be reflected in what you do everyday.
- A business isn’t just about doing the thing you love…there’s a lot of other stuff that you have to do to make it successful, like blog, lol.
- It’s important to surround yourself with good people. Being one of those good people is more important.
- There are lots of organizing books and tips out there, find the things that work for you.
- Keep it real. Magazines and online pictures are staged. Don’t measure your organizing success against those pictures.
- It is really fun to do what you love.
- Always keep learning. I learn new things everyday. One of my favorite resources for learning in our profession is NAPO (National Association of Productivity and Organizing Professionals)
What I’m thankful for:
- All of our clients. Each one of our clients teaches me something new and for that I am thankful.
- The wonderful Freshly Organized Team, present and past. I only hire people who can help our clients and also make me better.
Owner of Freshly Organized